Once you've bookmarked a few companies, you can use OMX's CRM and data tools for more in-depth note taking and analysis. For instructions on how to bookmark a company, please click here.
Once you've bookmarked a company in OMX, you can further populate your record on that company by taking notes on where you met them, what products and services they might be interested in and any other details that may relate to their company. None of the notes that you take on companies in OMX will be visible to users outside of your organization.
You can add notes to a company from three areas in OMX: the marketplace, company profile and bookmarks tab.
To log a note from the marketplace:
1. When you are searching for companies in the OMX marketplace, you can easily add a note on that company by clicking 'Add a Note' under the company name in the search results. If you need a refresher on searching in OMX, click here.
2. A text box with "Enter a new note..." will appear. You can enter the note that you wish to take on the company and click 'Save Note' to save what you have written.
To log a note from the Company Profile:
1. You can log a note or view previous notes that you have taken on a company directly from the organization's company profile. From the search results screen, click on the company profile that you would like to look at.
2. To add a note or view your notes, click the 'Tags and Notes' tab.
3. You can enter a new note in the 'Enter a new note' textbox and save it by clicking 'Add Note'. You can view previous date stamped notes made by other members of your team above the textbox.
To log a note from the bookmarks tab:
1. Click on the 'Bookmarks' tab from your company dashboard and then click the 'Edit' button beside the company where you'd like to log a note.
2. You can now enter any notes into the 'Enter a new Note...' box. When you are done, click the 'Add Note' button to finalize your note.
3. After you click 'Add Note,' your note will be date and time stamped and associated with your user account to allow for greater collaboration. Notes are logged in real time so that business development teams can gain immediate insight into any new data being logged into OMX.
Tags are another great way to sort and track details about companies you've bookmarked in OMX. Tags are custom labels that you can create and apply to any company that you've bookmarked in OMX. Eg. if you met a company at CANSEC 2014, you may want to tag them "CANSEC 2014." If they were also a machine shop, you could tag them "CNC Machining." Any label that you want to give a company, can become a tag. Once you have created a tag, it will appear in an available tag menu so that you can easily search and avoid duplicate tags.
Tags are a great way to filter your search results to use the OMX data visualization tools. For instance if a group of suppliers are tagged "Program X", your team would then be able to create maps and visualizations to show the regional distribution, SME content and exports within your supply chain for that program.
To add a tag to a company, you must first bookmark the company. Similarly to bookmarks, there are three places in OMX where you can add a tag to a company profile: through the marketplace, on the company profile and from your 'Bookmarks' tab.
To add a tag from the marketplace:
1. Once you have found the company profile that you would like to add a tag to, you can easily add a tag by clicking 'Add a Tag' under that company in the search results page.
2. A textbox with 'Add tags here...' will appear. Begin typing your desired tag and a dropdown will appear showing previous tags that you have used. When you are finished typing your tag or tags, click 'Save Tags'.
3. In future searches, your tags for that company will appear under the company description on the search results page.
To add a tag from the company profile:
1. From the company profile, click the 'Tags and Notes' tab.
2. Under the 'Tags' section of the page, begin typing your tag. If you have previously saved tags to this company, those tags will also appear in this section and you can begin typing to the right of your existing tag. A list of existing tags will appear as you type.
3. Once you are finished adding your desired tags, click 'Save Tags'. All of your saved tags will appear under the 'Tags' section of the 'Tags and Notes' page.
To add a tag from the 'Bookmarks 'tab':
1. From your company Dashboard, click on the 'Bookmarks' menu, then click on the 'Edit' button beside the company you would like to tag.
2. Begin typing your tag in the 'Tag' box. If you have already created some tags, you will see a drop down list that will narrow based on the text that you are entering. If this is your first tag, simply type out the tag.
3. Click the 'Save Tag' button to apply the tag to the customer. You will see a confirmation, highlighted in green, at the top of the page once your tag has successfully saved.
Filtering by Tags:
Once created, you can use your tags to filter your searches in OMX.
1. From the main Bookmarks page in your company Dashboard, click the 'Filters' button in the upper right hand corner.
2. You'll now see an additional filters menu which will allow you to filter by your tags.
3. You can also filter using your tags from the Global Search bar in OMX. Simply, click on the 'More Filters' button when performing a search to expand the filters section.
4. Use the 'Tag' filter to narrow down your search.
Bookmarks and Tags can both be used in conjunction with the Map tool in OMX. The Map tool allows you to visually plot the companies that you have searched for on a Google Map. The Map can be easily embedded onto another web-page or presentation.
To create a map of companies in OMX:
1. Perform a search in the global search bar and apply any filters that are relevant. For how to search, click here.
2. Once you have filtered your results, select "View as Map" from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the search results screen. Your map will begin loading as soon as you click to change your view.
3. You will now be taken into your map. Each company from your search results is represented by a pin on the map. Where you have many companies clustered into one area, the map will show the number of companies in the area. You can further filter and narrow down the scope of the map by using either the 'Bookmarked' or 'Interested' tabs at the top of the map screen.
4. You can easily embed this map into another website by clicking the 'Embed' button in the lower left hand corner.
5. You can use the code that appears to embed this map into another website or presentation.
If your subscription to OMX is at the Manage level or above, you'll also have access to OMX's data visualization tools. These tools are specifically useful for Primes, Tier 1 suppliers and any company that has offset obligations.
For suppliers that aren't on the Manage level, you may end up on a visualization for the Prime or Tier 1's Value Proposition or IRB/ITB report. As such its important that your profile is up to date to provide the most accurate information available.
To use the Visualizations tool in OMX:
1. Perform a search in the global search bar and apply any filters that are pertinent. For how to search, click here.
2. Once you have filtered your results, select 'View as Visualizations' from the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner of the search results page. Your visualizations will begin loading without re-clicking the 'Search' button.
3. The OMX platform will now generate a series of graphs and charts for you, highlighting key data points that are relevant to your search. You can further filter and narrow down the scope of your results by using either the 'Bookmarked' or 'Interested' tabs at the top of the visualization screen.
4. You can see further detail on a graph or chart by hovering your mouse or data point.